Gifted and Talented
Gifted and Talented Advisor
BVSD schools provide programming for Gifted and Talented (GT) students based on their identified needs and in accordance with district identification policy, which is based on a body of evidence. The BVSD Gifted & Talented (GT) Office supports schools and stakeholders, offers professional development, and oversees school-based programming. A wealth of information is available on the BVSD.org Gifted and Talented page.
The Gifted & Talented Advisor (GTA) is the primary advocate for students, communications, and programming in the school.
BVSD schools provide programming for GT students based on their identified needs and in accordance with district identification policy which is based on a body of evidence. Students may be identified as Gifted & Talented in one or more of the following areas:
- General or specific intellectual ability
- Specific academic aptitude
- Creative or productive thinking
- Leadership abilities
- Visual arts, performing arts, musical or psychomotor abilities
Schools follow the BVSD Acceleration policy when making decisions about subject or grade level acceleration for students. Some highly advanced gifted children may enter kindergarten or first grade early through the BVSD Early Access policy.
The classroom teacher is the primary provider of advanced academic services to students. Programming is documented in the student's Advanced Learning Plan (ALP) or, at the secondary level, (ICAP). Programming may include academic, enrichment, and affective (social emotional) supports and extensions.
BVSD sponsors district-wide enrichment activities. These are open to students whether they are identified as GT or not. Learn more on the BVSD.org Gifted and Talented page.
- Corden Pharma Colorado Regional Science Fair (Grades 6-12)
- Destination Imagination - NOCO Canyon Region (Grades k-12)
- Boulder Regional History Day (Grades 6-12)
- Boulder Valley Regional Spelling Bee (Grades 3-8)
- Math Olympiads (Grades 4 and 5)
- Battle of the Books (Grades 3-12)
Summer 2023 Newsletter