If you would like to meet with your Middle Level Counselor, please fill out a request form using the link below. Your counselor will contact you as soon as possible after receiving your request. Thank you.
Mr. Hasselbach, Last Names: A-K (Grades 6-8)
Ms. Hersom & Ms. Battista Last Names: L-Z (Grades 6-8)
School counselors who work at the middle school level help the students in a variety of ways:
- Identification of Interests and Academic Aptitudes
- Goal Setting, Course Selections, and Academic Achievement
- Academic Interventions / Response to Intervention
- Development of Social Skills / Resistance of Peer Pressure
- Development of Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
- Transitioning Successfully to High School
A comprehensive elementary school counselor provides education, prevention and intervention services in the areas of academic, career and social/emotional development supports.
It is important to note that elementary counselors are not therapists; rather they are professional educators with a mental health perspective. They typically spend the majority of their time working on universal instruction and working with all students. The elementary counselors will work in collaboration with administration, teachers, the mental health team and parents to determine the needs of all students within each building.